3Spheres™ Breakfast Meetings
To help create a real sense of community and facilitate the type of conversations that can only happen in a relaxed environment, we have developed a series of 3Spheres Breakfast Meetings. Leaders and decision-makers from the business, research, academic, not-for-profit and government sectors are invited to come together and share their ideas about various topics of mutual interest. 3Spheres breakfast meetings offer an opportunity to announce and celebrate 3Spheres project work and volunteer efforts. NPO’s share their stories and promote their good works, thereby gaining new awareness and support from the community.
To date, five breakfast meetings have been hosted by JDQ. The 40-50 participants were treated to a value-packed presentation by insightful speakers and are served a full gourmet breakfast.
Here are some of the topics and speakers we have presented:
- Opportunities for IT innovation in the field of accessibility technology presented by Gary Birch, Executive Director, Neil Squire Society, Jim Maynard, President, WINLAB (a division of the Wireless Innovation Network of BC- WINBC), Peter Dettlaff, Sr. Systems Analyst, TELUS and Jon Morris, President, JDQ Systems Inc.
- Appreciative Inquiry presented by SFU professor Gervase Bushe
- The Key to Sustainable Improvement – Sharing Best Practicespresented by JDQ’s, Jon Morris
- Introduction to 3Spheres of Reciprocity presented by JDQ’s Franklin Kiermyer
- Modern Six Sigma for Process Health presented by JDQ’s, Jon Morris
- Introducing Surrey Food Bank Society presented by SFB’s Robin Campbell
- Introducing Westcoast Family Resources Society presented by WFRS’s Ann Kutcher
- Introducing Neil Squire Society presented by Neil Squire’s Gary Birch
- The American Society for Quality’s Community Good Works presented by ASQ’s Kay Kobayashi
- The BC Centre for Quality – Quality In Action presented by the BCCQ’s Ann Brown
The date of our sixth 3Spheres Breakfast Meeting, slated for early Fall, 2007, will be announced soon. We are in the process of developing the agenda. We expect it to be an even more exciting, engaging and value-adding event than the previous ones.
Derek Shackleford, CTO, JDQ Systems Inc.:
“Each 3Spheres project has created a ripple that has spread beyond the original scope of the project. Whether it has been a direct grant, donation of time, services or software, these unexpected contributions have added greatly to each project. 3Spheres is proving to be a wonderful framework within which caring and committed individuals can make a real difference.”